Welcome to the Crow Institute
The J.F. Crow Institute for the Study of Evolution is a cross-college institute whose mission is to foster multidisciplinary research to address complex biological problems facing society, and to improve public understanding of evolution through education and outreach.
The J. F. Crow Institute has formed a new permanent committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a first step in supporting these principles, we have drafted a statement which appears here.
Darwin Day is fast approaching! See our Darwin Day page for a schedule and links to the recorded virtual events (poster shown below). Also check out our Virtual Lab Tours and other educational activities.
Many thanks for the support that makes all our activities possible:
Core support has come from the the College of Letters and Sciences and the Department of Genetics – our administrative home. In addition we have received generous sponsorship from:
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Bacteriology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics
- Department of Botany
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Forest & Wildlife Ecology
- Department of Geoscience
- Department of Philosophy
- University Lectures Committee
- Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers
- Other friends of science and reason